The North America Manufacturing Finance Director is the finance partner supporting the Manufacturing organization.
- Value the Triple Bottom Line ( TBL)
- Value people regardless of their background
- Exhibit a high moral, ethical standard and high integrity
- Exhibit a trait of a servant leader
- Encourage open dialogue
- Participate in the development of the company’s manufacturing strategic plans
- Ensure the operational core financial processes are in place to ensure operational efficiencies
- Responsible for establishing the operational budget and capital plan in conjunction with the Vice President of Operations.
- Assist the Vice President of Operations in ensuring that operations stay within the budget and helps to create an appropriate reaction plan when necessary
- Create and track the standardized operational financial metrics for the FoC
- Support the Vice President of Operations with understanding of financial results for the purpose of making business decisions
- Work with plant managers and finance teams to understand financial results and projections. Provide financial advice to finance team members from the plants within the region – coach, mentor and train as required
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs, identifying unusual trends and independently design analytics to explain, exploit or mitigate trends.
- Team with operations management to identify profit improvement/cost reduction opportunities
- Assist in developing metrics that provide actionable results and drive projects that improve financial performance
- Support the company’s annual budget and forecast processes for the Manufacturing Operations team, including developing an understanding of key inputs and assumptions
- Ensure accurate and timely closing of month end financial statements along with all supporting documentation. Perform various month-end Accounting close activities
- Perform monthly management information reporting including presentation of results to internal management.
- Develop Direct Labor and Overhead rates based on the annual plan, and complete an annual standard cost update
- Maintain accurate standard inventory costs at plants
- Assist in understanding, reporting and reducing inventory
- Assist with annual inventory audit
- Complete weekly plant profit and loss statement to update senior management on progress within month to budget/forecast
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and corporate procedures within manufacturing facilities. Identify and propose areas of process improvement as necessary.
- Complete standard and ad-hoc financial analysis and management briefing reports as requested by local and corporate management to assist in making key decisions
- Represent Finance on project teams, advising as a business and financial partner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cascade Enterprise System/Lean/Operational Excellence
- Help to deploy level 0 and 1 goals using Cascade Enterprise System
- Assist Operations to achieve Operational Excellence using a Lean/TPM (Cascade Enterprise System/ CES) method
- Help to establish a CES production and manufacturing method and measure to ensure a high quality and low cost process is utilized
- Support the on-going development and implementation of Lean/TPM (CES) in manufacturing, improving upon the standard KPI’s
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance. CPA, MBA or CMA preferred
- 8+ years of overall Accounting experience
- 5+ years of Controller experience in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of financial (ERP) systems, IT infrastructure with strong understanding of financial accounting fundamentals. Knowledge of QAD is a plus
- Excellent PC/computer skills
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-starting initiative and innovative attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience managing others and coaching for success
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement with the Finance and Operations teams
For more information about this job, click here